ISPOG is a global organisation. It brings together national societies for psychosomatic and psychosocial obstetrics and gynaecology. A list of affiliated national societies is shown on the web site. National societies pay ISPOG €8 subscription per member per annum. Payment of the fees entitles all members of national societies to membership of ISPOG.
Benefits of membership of ISPOG:
- Be a member of a worldwide network of professionals working in the field of psychosomatic and psychosocial obstetrics and gynaecology
- Option to subscribe to the Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynaecology online at a reduced member rate. Please note that some national societies include subscription to JPOG as part of the membership fee.
- Register at a reduced fee for the three-yearly International ISPOG congresses
- Ability to nominate with the support of the national society for elected positions on the ISPOG Board of Officers.
- Become involved in ISPOG educational and ambassadorial activities.
How do I become a member of ISPOG?
Check the list of national societies on the website. If there is an established society in your country, click on the link and email to ask about membership. Once you are registered with your national society you will automatically be a member of ISPOG.
Forming new societies
Where there is no national society, ISPOG is keen to help groups of interested people to work together to form national groups, consistent with the principles and purposes of ISPOG, with the aim of forming a national society. Where there are several ISPOG members from the same country we will seek your permission to share your details so that you can collaborate if you wish.
Proposal for a new society to join ISPOG
For consideration for membership, a national society will
- demonstrate formal documents with aims and objectives consistent with ISPOG’s Statues and Standing Rules,
- supply names and contact details of an elected Board, which typically consists of a minimum of a President, Secretary General and Treasurer.
How are ISPOG membership fees paid?
Every January the ISPOG Treasurer will send each national society an invoice for membership fees. The amount will be based on the number of members of the national society (€8 per member).
Membership fees should be transferred to the ISPOG bank account, details of which are on the invoice. Fees are due by 31 March each year.
How to become a member